!o!

Friday, January 8, 2010

my wife rules!

One of the things that I was definitely NOT expecting to get under the chrismukah tree was this.....the reissue of my first skateboard deck, the Caballero Mechanical Dragon. I guess she DOES LISTEN, hahah!

At some point, I'll probably break down and mount it up and skate it but its just such a cool thing to have and not get ruined. It gives me chills every time I see it. I remember the day my mom brought me to the real skate shop to get it. the board, some Independent trucks and some pink Cross Bones wheels and I believe she even hooked me up with a full Rector pad set that day. glorious.

So now that I had the deck, I finally was able to use my SKURNITURE legs that I've had stored away for a few months. these legs are amazing, have a great mid century modern look and turn any skatedeck into a side table/bench for your home. I've been using it as a computer table for when I'm working on the couch!



proper robot Ripper skull









the only thing I can't remember is the exact year I got the board or what year it was released....maybe 89?? any body know, hit me up.

No comments: