!o!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Vans X Bad Brains


I picked up a pair of the low tops from this collection a few weeks ago, but I haven't pulled the pics off of my digi cam yet, so I'll use some stock photos for now. If you are or ever were a fan of Bad Brains then you know that their erradic, crazy, and all emcompassing sound was the fuel behind a lot of hardcore bands in 1980's NYC and beyond.


AND, if you know me, and the fact that I'm in 2 bands with the same name, GYDO, you can probably tell they were and are still a big influence to me. Get Your Death On and Get Your Dub On are born from the same members that love all things heavy, loud and low...and while they seem like they are on opposite ends of the spectrum, Doom and Metal vs. Dub Reggae, at the end of the day, they share the following:

Both Stoner Rock
Both revolve around repitition
Both leave you bobbing your head up and down



The sneaks have a clear waffle sole with one shoe having the Bad Brains logo and the other having a sweet Lion of Judah and are worth the purchase alone, never mind the amazing Syndicate style box and bag that has a graphic of their first album on casette screen printed on it....


No comments: