!o!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Eataly's Birthday and a Steak Dinner


With Eataly being generally expensive AND in our building at work, I often overlook it as an option for food shopping outside of the quick coffee or snack. Their produce is always fresh and their cheese section is quite great I must note. And even though I don't usually go in with the intent to purchase dinner, there was quite the buzz outside. It is their big birthday celebration so I ventured into the aisles to see what the excitement was about.

I wound up picking up three 6oz filets for $2 each. They had great deals on a bunch of different products ranging from their fresh egg pastas to canned tomato sauce to Lavazza coffee...and even crazy deals at the wine shop.

I've decided to cook the 3 steaks three different ways. First up was blackened. Used some of my favorite spices* from Williams-Sonoma and prepped the little slab of beef. Then pan seared it for 5 seconds on the two main sides. After that, threw it on the grill for about 5 minutes per side. Done to perfection. And even Rufus watched patiently.






*I've come to learn that WS is no longer carrying their Blackening Rub. Bummer, it was good. Luckily its really easy to make your own.

No comments: