!o!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1972 CB350


On Sunday night, I headed up to Nyack to have dinner with the rents. I've been watching my dad rebuild the carbs for some time now and it was finally ready for a ride! Bike started right up and without hesitation I looked back at him and said, "it'll be fine....."


About 5 miles into my ride, the rear started feeling squirrely, you know the feeling...FLAT TIRE! I slowed the bike down a few hundred yards from the nearest gas station and walked it there. brand new tires, must have pinched the tube or something. all good, added some air and rode back to their house.

I forgot how much fun it was to ride a bike like this. Sitting upright, suspension that works, nice and lightweight and the roads at night in the suburbs can't be beat. Dark, nobody on them, trees hanging over the lanes, just really beautiful.

the twins are the way to go if you're going to get a Honda. Now, if they could just figure out a way to eliminate one of the carbs and make it even simpler...