!o!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

SoCal Week - Day 4 - Kick and Fire

please excuse my use of (parentheses). I can't help it, I just keep using them.

This morning was spent driving around getting random bits and bops, mostly from Marshall's. No, not THAT marshalls.....although I could use some Calvin Klein underwear, some Polo Socks and a random non-fitted yankees world series hat....(yes they will always have that shit there).

The rest of the day was spent in the garage, walking in circles, thinking about what is next. I did stop to grab some lunch with Mike, and then it was back to the garage until just now. Here's what we are working with just after midnight:


Not fully running yet, and yes I look like I haven't slept in a few days (true), and sound a bit like Sloth from Goonies (a great movie that I haven't seen in a while) but a 32 year old machine re-built by hand that actually starts??? It's a happy moment.



It doesn't really matter if you're into motorcycles or not. The truth is, making something, or working hard on something is SO rewarding when it works/starts/comes together. I don't care if its assembling the best fantasy baseball team, getting that job you wanted, or even the joy of finally buying the TV you've been researching, it just feels good when your shit works out....especially when you know what went into it.

2 comments:

nick said...

congrats matt, that bike is boss - easily my favorite bike right now. i may have to bite your style again.. hahah

Chris said...

That still gives me a smile every time, what a good feeling that was!!