!o!

Friday, January 16, 2009

perfect timing



so I'm finally adjusted to the time, able to stay up till a normal time at night and sleep till a normal time in the morning.  Just in time for me to leave at midnight for Italy!  

F!!!!!!

So I forced myself to get up, get out of the hotel to my nearest Salvation Point, fire up the laptop there and get a Grande Americano to start the day.

Its been busy in HK.  Met up with Dustin and Brock for some great meals and a visit to the copy mall in China which is always a blast.  I actually picked up a copy watch for myself this time around.....feels pretty weird being that I used to be in the watch biz, but knowing what I know about how much it costs to make a watch, the quality of the parts upon inspecting them and that its just not a smart time to drop $10,000 on a Breitling, I dropped in.

I mean this is the dream B for me, the Montbrillant Datora.  its gorgeous, but lets see, WHO THE FUCK drops that kind of coin for a watch IN THIS ECONOMY?  nobody.   So I found a nice modest Navitimer World with the White Dial and Stainless Steel band and it tells time and I love it.  Its nice to have a new automatic watch now and then.

I still have the Bell and Ross BR01 on my lifelong wish list and with the release of the new limited edition Instrument Pro Titanium, it has re-upped my desire for one of these bad boys.  With that being said, I will get one eventually.  I look forward to walking into Tourneau and pointing to it and saying, "thank you, sir, I'll take it"....I looked hard and furiously for the right B&R, but I just couldn't do it.  Even found an amazing Tourbillon version and for a great price, but it was sooooo fake it was crazy.  I mean it looked real, but the power reserve meters were just spinning hands....have I lost you yet?  I am a nerd and I love watches....sorry.

Here's an amazing way to look at the copy world, (aka a look into my over-thinking about it head....).  Its a trial period.  You get to wear it, look at it, love it, and see if this is an investment you want to make before actually committing to dropping in.  I can admit that I am a material guy.  I will NEVER deny it.  I do live life simply in terms of having minimal clutter in my house, clean lines to my furniture, and an overall desire to buy used things rather than consuming newly produced items, but I love having toys, they just have to be the RIGHT ones.  SO....Imagine before buying a house, you can live in a modeled version of it, its just that the model's granite countertops are made of dirt.  and instead of Stainless Steel appliances they are cardboard.  And the plumbing doesn't work.  Overall you'll get the feeling of if you like the way it looks, feels and makes you feel and that would help you know if you want to go forward with the purchase....ugh, i'm rambling.



I'll leave this post quickly with a few pictures from one of the bag factories that I visited in China a few days ago:

yesport, yup.  good feeling at a factory you might work with


AWESOME, said it.

2 comments:

CPB said...

I love you Landman!!!

chris said...

miss you man. Jealous of your journey.