!o!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

china, a few days in...

there are certain things that will always make my trips to china easier.  one of them being typos or mis-translations.....lost in translation-isms.....

I've been in mainland China in the area called DongGuan for two days now.  At dinner last night, I sat down grabbed a drink menu and as I paged through the drinks, I found this gem on the Sherry and Port page....go ahead read....


yep, go ahead, get closer....

you can only imagine my astonishment when i saw that they offer a nice Dry Sack...mmmm

the other thing is that most chinese people love making connections with who you look like....unfortunately for me, this guy keeps coming up.....It's actually pretty acurate and haunts me every time I am here.


am I related.....?  sure seems to be.

3 comments:

chris said...

Dude,

I can only imagine you sitting there finding DRY SACK on the menu and looking around to see who the fuck else was noticing this shit. Hilarious! I wish I could be sitting next to you sipping dry sack together.

Live it up.

Comp

theoldepro said...

me too.....we could reminisce about the days in old america...

Betaunit said...

the looks are uncanny?