!o!

Friday, August 29, 2008

LUCKY - BEST DAY EVER


+


+



= MINE!


I've played my cards right, boy.......in casual conversation I mentioned to one of the owners of crankbrothers that I've checking out the BMC road bikes and lusting over them.  He looks at me and says, oh, I just missed a call from their distributor, I'll give him a call and see what he can do for you....

(nice of him to do, thank you Andrew)

A couple of days pass and then all of a sudden, the distributor is standing in front of me with my dream bicycle.  ok, let me rephrase.  My dream frame, my dream wheels, my dream group set.....every part is perfect and fully unaffordable.....of course I start to sweat because, well, I can't afford this.  what if he asks me to write a check?  Even with a pro form, its fully out of my meager budget.

Turns out its actually a Demo bike from last year's trade show, so its slightly used, but in perfect condition.  EVEN BETTER!  we left it that the bike is in my possession and he can't really do anything with it since its last years bike.  So, if I like it, we'll figure it out, and if for some reason he needs it back in a 'few months' he'll call me and let me know.  i.e.  its free.....

I CANNOT WAIT TO GO FOR A RIDE.

No comments: