Monday, October 10, 2011

YC...the new MC

Rode up to Stony Point for lunch on Sunday up to Seaweed Yacht Club. The first picture shows my dad and step mom's clubhouse. It's sorta like the one on that SOA show (that I watch every week). Well, at least its their version. I'm thinking about prospecting.

The Hudson River got hit pretty hard with sewage and general grossness this summer. I grew up along this river and can tell you that I've never had a problem swimming in it, especially up in the Stony Point and West Point / Bear Mountain areas. But there was a sewage spill, the hurricane, and then they opened up all of the locks around the river and it just destroyed the water. It still looks gorgeous though just a few miles outside NYC.

Riding home, we took route 9W all the way to the GWB. Nice riding weather, some twisties, but then the west side highway was crazy, so we decided to take a coffee break outside of the SoHo House on the way. Then headed back to Brooklyn, went to Brad and Viki's ate and watched the Jets game. Yeah, this city is pretty great.

Now, I'll go back to Saturday......this weekend was the annual Di Enda Run out to Montauk. It was a great time last year and I was looking forward to meeting up with the Jersey, Long Island, CT and Massholes for another ride and night of fun at the eastern tip of Long Island.

Instead, what I was met with was yet again, a 500 lb paperweight. Kicker was just spinning through the clutch. No engagement, full slippage. Finally got it started on an off kick and decided to gas up and start heading east. BUT, after getting gas, same issue. So I did what I had to. I stopped.

I stopped and sat down next to the bike and thought about what it could be, and wondering if this was a sign to stay in BK and finally figure this one out. And that's what I did. Went over to Nelson's shop and he told me the simple fix to it. Adjusting the clutch pushrod screw. DUH. then it was on to dialing in the tiny amounts of rotation so that the clutch pedal doesn't release too quickly. Either way, a few hours of huffing and puffing and trying to rush around turned into a Saturday morning and afternoon of satisfaction.

No comments: