!o!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hamsa - for good luck


While the Hamsa has many different sub-names, like the Hand of Fatima, Hand of Miriam or Hand of Mary, it still transcends most cultures and is an icon of great things. This one was given to me from my friend Shai. She ensured me that this one means 'good luck', so rather than having any other superstitious things on my bike, I decided to make it the keychain for the motorcyle so that anytime I'm on it, good luck is with me. So far, so good.


While I can read hebrew, I really can't translate or understand everything, but luckily Shai's parents are from Israel, which means that of course she can read the writing and ensured me, its all about good luck and fortune.




I'm not religious or anything like that. BUT, It feels good to have a little bit of goodness safeness on my side while riding. Plus, my grandma always wored a pendant with this one it so it can't be all that bad!

No comments: