!o!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

road bike re-build

This project has been sitting on the back burner for a while and today it finally got under way. I loved my felt F-70 when I first got it, but over time its Yellow and Black color scheme veered away from my liking.

BUT that's ok. I grabbed a can of trusty Frazee IVORY TUSK spray paint and after tearing it down (and lazily leaving the cranks on) I went to town with the paint. The most important thing to remember is that even though your road bike has sat in pieces unused for some time, there was a time when you loved it. When you couldn't wait to get off of work to ride it home, or home from work to go for a ride or to wake up at 6am to go for a nice 30-40 miler. And with just some paint and few new parts, your bike can be back to being your 'baby'.


Who knew there was a secondary use for the crap motorcycle stand that usually just sits in the corner of my garage!?

I have the rest of the new components ready to go along with my barrage of Brooks saddle and bar tape choices so my mind is racing as far as the final direction. I can say that this bike is staying with a triple up front. GRANNY GEAR????? you ask! Yeah, I have no shame that I like technology and gearing to help me ride around. And while I could switch to the much more accepted double with the compact crankset, I have this one and it works. so there.......poopy to you! This whip is going to be a full 27 speeds of fury.

Gonna run some 105 shifters and front derailleur and an Ultegra rear and some random Alex A-Class wheels that I have laying around the garage. For flair I'll run some light mint green KNOG frogs for lights and either a set of Crankbrothers Candies or some MKS Custom Nuevo flats with toe clips.....not sure yet.

I'll post more pics as the build progresses with the good camera.

No comments: