!o!

Monday, March 23, 2009

2 steps forward, 1 step back

It would be great to have an in-house employee just 'on the streets' here in China that can do all this work for me over here! haha.

2 steps forward, and 1 step back......that has been the philosophy of this trip. I swear everyday I get back to my hotel room (hotel #5 right now) and after working till about midnight or 1am, I feel good about being able to get some sleep. As if I've earned the ability to go to sleep, like I actually got a shitload of work done, so therefore I am rewarded with being able to sleep.

Then I wake up in a panic that everything is not done, lay in bed awake for a while, then eventually get up, shower, drink coffee and head to another factory. And when I get to said factory, guess what, for everything we discussed that they "can do" the day before, only half can actually get done.......

but that's the manufacturing life. it's what makes products better, figuring out what can and can't get done and then really making it work! not for the faint of heart.


No comments: