!o!

Friday, March 2, 2012

fenders are a trip, man


Here are some pics that Special '79 Jay sent me and posted when he was narrowing the rear fender for the shovel.  For some reason the comments on that post got out of control from some guy, hdferg, most of which I still don't understand.

Either way, Jay cut about an inch out of the width of the fender for me while keeping as much of the original paint as possible.  During the process, we realized that the striping on the fender wasn't symmetric on both sides.  I'd had the tins for a year before this and never even realized it.  The tank is symmetric, but the fender, nope.  the 70's.....man.

On that note, here's a link to the now de-classified documents explaining the testing that the military did on soldiers for the effects of LSD from 1964.  They were declassified in '76 and are now posted on the internet for all to read.  




I can't wait to see how everything looks all touched up and glossy.  I want to see the time-aged gold/green come alive.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Love the asymmetrical style of it! Can't wait to see how it comes out after new clear