!o!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

*sold* 52 telecaster for sale...be like The Boss this thanksgiving


mid 90's
Made in America
Fender '52 reissue telecaster
butterscotch blonde
$900

incredible sounding and versatile guitar. I've used it in every band I've been in over the last 10 years, from power pop to the metal of Get Your Death On. This guitar can play rhythm grooves and reggae and also cut right through the mix for leads as well.

great upgrades:
Brass Compensated Saddles.
the stock brass saddles aren't angled at at all the bridge which makes it 100% period correct but unable to actually get intonated properly. The compensated ones take care of this without having to switch to a modern saddle set up.
4-way switch.
This was a cool upgrade done by Noll Guitars in Rhode Island. The front neck pickup now works and isn't the stock '52 bass only set up. The switch positions are like this:
front - neck pickup only, 2nd position - neck and bridge in series (like usual tele), 3rd position - bridge pickup only, then the 4th position on the switch actually wires the two pickups in parallel like a humbucker. yes, it works, output increases and totally beefs up the tone. I usually played the guitar with that set up, and then when I needed to play a lead, switch it forward one notch to just use the bridge pickup.

Includes the original 3-way switch, the original brass saddles, the original modern style bridge and saddles and the original chrome pickup cover. OH and the Fender Tweed Case as well. Yeah, I'll miss this guitar, but I'm not using it. And I don't believe that music instruments belong in museums.....the deserve to be played.









*no, my foot is not included with the headstock. that was just a bonus.
hit me up if interested: mattlandman@gmail.com

No comments: