!o!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

people and places - photographers pt. 1

as the west coast crew that I miss already at boylecomm, benchmark, and 70moto (chris may never update his blog, but his links list is great!) are getting all prepped for Slab City, I couldn't help but think about how great riding motorcycles and building bikes really is. Not only for the gearhead things, but for the people you meet and the places that you get to see.

I feel lucky that my wife fully gets that. Its not about me trying to be a badass on a harley. Its not about me proving how manly I am by the amount of grease under my finger nails. Honestly, 8 years ago, I never would have thought I would own a motorcycle other than maybe one day getting my dad's 74 CB350. Its about hitting the open road with as little as possible and sharing amazing times with friends.

I lifted the following pictures from Walter's pictures from Kickstart Cycle's post on Chopcult. But since I never really posted much on the Brooklyn Invitational I figured it was ok.


Josh Kurpius is definitely one of those people that it was great to meet. I believe he was out shooting some photos down south just before heading to NYC. He lives in Chicago and is on a blog that wastes a ton of my time, Kemosabe and the Lodge. Check out the blog and his website here. he shoots photos for a living, not because it makes him a ton of money, but because he loves it.

I'll never try to be a photographer, but after seeing his antics shooting on a bike, it has definitely made me take my camera on as many rides as possible.....if only to capture the people and places.

tomorrow or tonight I will post on one of my favorite people in the world, even though we don't get to spend enough time together.....mr. steven stone.