!o!

Friday, August 21, 2009

video games and twitter

on my way to Taiwan I ran into Tony Hawk at the carlsbad airport. I haven't seen him in a while, so it was good to catch up and see what he's been up to. I worked with him on some of the new watches during my times at Nixon, and he's always been a super nice dude.

He was heading to Germany for the GamesCon convention for the launch of his new Tony Hawk RIDE skateboard video game which looks like its going to be amazing. He's been working with the developers on the controller for 2 years now which looks and feels like a real blank skate deck and has tons of sensors for your feet AND hands so it actually knows what tricks you are doing.

Snapped this super great picture of the two of us on our walk to the airplane. I think we were both satisfied with our compelling nerdy looks in this particular pic. I especially look terrible, although that's probably what i look like...ugh.....

ALSO, if you are a twitter fan, you should follow him on there. He's been doing some really cool stuff like hiding skateboards in random places when he visits certain cities and he'll leak out some info on where its hidden, i.e. 4th street, behind the dumpster next to Jim's Hardware store. He's working on a bigger plan with this idea and I'm sure it will be pretty epic once the details are released.

No comments: