!o!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

buying/owning American made goods part 1


Its no secret, we don't have to BS around it.  there's no kidding anyone, seriously, its totally OK......If you're reading this blog, you're probably not part of the 1% that controls 90% of the wealth of this country or world.  its fine.  I'm cool with it if you are though.  For me, I've thought very differently about consuming for a while now and when I can, I try to buy American.  No, its not easy, Apple doesn't make a computer here, I'm also not a hypocrite, so I know that I buy things made in China.  I work for a company that makes 95% of its products here in the USA.  Almost 70% in NYC, Rhode Island and New Jersey.  This is a personal choice that I'm proud of.

Here are a few things/brands/companies that are proud of it as well.  And some don't even let you know up front.














164 results.  If you can't find a gift there, you're crazy.  and with their guarantee, its a win-win. 

Furniture and Accessories


 Obviously, I can go on and on, and that's not what I'm trying to do.  All I'm saying is that I like to take the time to take a step back and if there 'might' be an option to go made in your home country, I try to do it.  If it turns out the final cost of the product is just too much (because you know the labor cost is more, this shouldn't be a secret) then pass, and get something else.  Note, I did not say YOU should do this.  this is just how I approach things.  And I thought I'd pass it along, that's all.

happy holidays.  Happy Chanukah today.  word up.  more tomorrow......